Saturday, May 1, 2010

Digital Story

The journey I've been on this year made for (what I feel is) the perfect digital story. It's been such an exciting journey that I enjoyed mapping it out and taking a moment to appreciate what I am accomplishing. Here is my Digital Story Map.

Digital storytelling is an exciting learning tool that I plan on using in the future. It gives students an opportunity to share about themselves while learning something new. It provides a broad range of creative options and allows students to express themselves as individuals. In special education, this tool would be useful for students who are visual learners with low reading skills.

In addition to being a great tool for students, it will be an asset for me as well. I can use digital storytelling as a way to communicate with students.

I had some challenges learning about this type of storytelling. One difficulty with this project was using my pictures without being invasive of anyone with special needs. Instead, I chose some of my favorite school pictures from this year and randomly lined them up for the background. I'm going to miss all the wonderful friends I made and will always look back on my students with a warm heart. Here is my Digital Story and rubric.

No comments:

Post a Comment