Wednesday, March 17, 2010

IEP For New Technology in My Classroom

For my IEP for new technology in my classroom, I have researched and have discovered a new program for myself and my students to use. With the laptop/student ratio being 1:1, I thought they knew it all and was fortunate to have an opportunity to learn about Jing.

I signed up for and attended some technology workshops last week and learned how to use Jing. It is a wonderful program that allows you to capture images of your screen, record your onscreen action, and instantly share with others. I want to find a way to incorporate this into a class project. I have been working on how I might accomplish this and I think it could be done like an “In Plain English” assignment.

Students can visually walk a viewer through online steps to finding information, while presenting what they have researched. I will need to write up a precise rubric to avoid chaos and confusion, but I think that adding another tool to their technological tool belt will only benefit them as they move on to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment